SUMMARY OF POSITION
The incumbent is primarily responsible for securing revenue by verifying and posting cash receipts from customers and resolving any discrepancies that cause delays in payments in a timely fashion. This requires close coordination with other departments and frequent customer communication. Other responsibilities include fixed asset reporting and other routine accounting tasks as needed
1. Work efficiently with Microsoft Office (MO) Excel and other MO applications proficiently.
2. Monitor customer account details for delinquent payments and other irregularities.
3. Research and resolve any irregularities by the most efficient means before aged 60 days.
4. Maintain up to date customer balances by posting payments from bank detail daily.
5. Coordinate credit hold releases between Accounting and Marketing Departments and conducts A/R collection calls.
1. Maintain and reconcile fixed asset system.
2. Prepare standard month end journal entries and reconciliations.
3. Provide support and analysis for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and audits.
4. Plan and coordinate the completion of special projects as requested by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree in Business Administration or Accounting required plus two years of accounting experience.
– Good understanding of basic accounting principles, including accounts receivable
– Strict attention to detail
– Organization abilities
– Critical thinking and problem solving skills
– Good verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to analyze information and determine required course of action to resolve issues