SUMMARY OF POSITION
Primary responsibility is sales and product support for piston powered aircraft products, as well as power products. Establish, develop, and execute a new business strategy in the market. Extensive market analysis is required and ability to summarize and communicate market data to executive levels. Grow market share for assigned products and meet or exceed yearly new business goals. Achieve maximum profitability and account penetration within the assigned territory by effectively selling the value of the company’s products and/or services. Current assigned territory and accounts includes all existing and targeted piston and airframe customers worldwide of Champion Aerospace products. Prioritize and manage a large customer base to achieve growth goals.
1. Work closely with the Business Unit Manager to develop & execute the new business plan.
2. Track new business opportunities and their potential.
3. Account penetration at aftermarket accounts and in some cases engine/airframe OEM’s.
4. These targets are not limited though, market opportunities are the focus.
5. Be a technical expert on the products
6. Maintain an understanding of the market and market shares
7. Develop and execute effective strategies to win competitive proposals while selling value
8. Manage the relationships of multiple distributors and end users
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Emails, telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers
2. Provide technical support to customers
3. Attend trade shows, customer events, and conferences
4. Analyze the territory’s potential and determine the value of existing customers and their value to the organization
5. Plan and organize personal travel schedule via a Time and Territory Management tool
6. Prepare proposals in compliance with customer requirements and with Company pricing guidelines, coordinating with internal personnel as necessary
7. Provide written trip reports and a monthly summary due by the second day of each new fiscal month
8. Keep abreast of competitive activities
9. Operate within budget
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering required
A&P and/or Private Pilot / Commercial Pilot Certificate preferred
Travel is expected 50-75% of the time
Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment
Located within the home office (Liberty, SC) is mandatory
Excellent communication, presentation, writing, and analytical skills
MS Office suite capability including solid understanding of Excel