Summary of Position
The Piston and Power Business Unit is comprised of Champion’s portfolio of piston powered aircraft products and power generation & conversion technology. The Power BDM is responsible for the growth and results of the business unit’s Power products. The ideal candidate will have natural leadership ability and experience engaging with and working in cross functional business unit teams consisting of sales, operations, engineering, and quality. The Power BDM is responsible for new business generation, proposal preparation, developing and maintaining key customer relationships, contract negotiation and contributing to the yearly business plan. The business development manager role is a key position at Champion for future career growth to a Business Unit Manager role, and a future Vice President role. The ideal candidate will be hungry for career growth and advancement. This is achieved by delivering bottom line growth in the Power Products segment.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work closely with the Business Unit Manager to develop & execute the new business plan.
• Identifying profitable new business opportunities through market analysis
• Develop relationships at new business accounts while maintaining long standing relationships with distributors, end users and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s)
• Work closely with engineering to understand technical aspects of products and provide technical support to customers
• Sell the value of products and influence customer’s decision to purchase
• Provide weekly and monthly sales reports to management
• Maintain an understanding of market share and the competitive landscape.
• Effectively communicate during emails, telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers
• Travel will be global and include OEM meetings, distributor meetings, sales events such as trade shows, customer site visits with either salesman or distributors, and corporate meetings
• Plan and organize personal travel schedule via a Time and Territory Management tool
• Prepare competitive proposals in compliance with customer requirements and with company pricing guidelines, coordinating with internal personnel as necessary
• Bachelor’s degree (technical or business degree preferred)
• 2-4 years of comparable sales experience with increasing responsibilities
• Willing to travel 60% of the time
• Results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment
• Located within the home office (Liberty, SC) is mandatory
• Experience selling highly engineered products in a low volume, high mix environment preferably aviation/aerospace
• Demonstrated working knowledge and experience in:
• Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
• International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
• Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
• Experienced in contract negotiations with large aerospace OEMs such as Boeing, DLA, Airbus
• Excellent communication, presentation, writing, and analytical skills
• MS Office suite capability including solid understanding Excel spreadsheet
• Leadership abilities
• Detailed understanding of value creation
• Good business sense/judgment
• Critical thinking and problem solving
• Action and results oriented
• Open and honest communication
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple programs to maximize value creation
About Transdigm Group Inc. (TDG)
Champion Aerospace LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of TransDigm Group Inc. TransDigm is a highly decentralized aerospace business, which has acquired more than 70 aerospace stand-alone companies over the last 20 years. TransDigm operates more than 50 independent portfolio companies. Each portfolio company stands alone with its own president, functional directors and support functions. The company thinks and acts like a large private equity business focused on the aerospace industry. The exception is that we rarely sell businesses that meet our criteria.
TransDigm is focused on the design, development and supply of proprietary engineered aerospace components. TransDigm products are flying on every aircraft made in the free world. TransDigm sells products to the OEM’s and to the integrators that supply systems to the OEM’s. TransDigm also supports the airlines and other operators of aircraft through the supply of spare and repaired parts. TransDigm is one of the largest manufacturers of proprietary aerospace components in the world.
Major customers include: Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier, United Technologies, Honeywell, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, Textron, Raytheon, Northrop Grumman, Rockwell Collins, United Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines (all other commercial airlines), The United States Government, amongst others.
TransDigm has been growing over 20% annually for over 20+ years. This creates growth opportunities for dynamic people who want to grow and make a difference.