Summary of Position:
Position is responsible for sourcing and purchasing a wide variety of aerospace components and tooling to support both the Piston and Turbine business units, Engineering Development Team, as well as Maintenance, Repair and Operations. The components purchased include electronics, machined parts, stamped parts, proprietary parts, and value added subassemblies. The buyer is required to hold suppliers accountable to quality standards, on-time delivery and cost containment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops and implements strategies for sourcing, procuring, and maintaining appropriate inventory levels for products in buyer’s area of responsibility.
• Responsible for supporting operations, identifying risk in the supply chain, and generating measured cost savings on an annual basis.
• Continually monitors business trends and product availability in order to negotiate and secure advantageous terms and commitments from suppliers without sacrificing quality or delivery.
• Foresee trends through data analysis; prepare risk management for supply contracts.
• Cultivates partnerships and collaborates with key persons both internally and externally to ensure clear communications regarding specifications and expectations.
• Identifies and researches potential new suppliers; domestically and abroad. Evaluates suppliers. Conducts Supplier Readiness/Reliability Assessments.
• Takes ownership of dynamic new product development supply chain processes. Work with product engineering, daily, to leverage internal and external suppliers of low volume, high mix, components on a tight timeline. Generates production work orders, as needed, within the new product development sandbox and hold suppliers accountable to ensure new product development meets its customer’s requirements.
• Identifies and minimizes material obsolescence risk.
• Submits RFQ’s. Creates Purchase Orders. Tracks status of orders. Takes action on late, over/under, damaged product, quality rejects, supplier returns and other required documentation, eg. CoC’s, FAIR, etc. Approves/corrects invoices, as needed.
• Works closely with customer service, engineering, planning, marketing, operations and accounting and be responsive to their requirements.
• Accurately track and report key functional metrics
• Be proficient with MRP and have a good understanding of BoM’s
• Travel requirements will be approximately 10-20%
• B.A. or B.S. in purchasing, business, logistics, accounting, or a related field.
• Minimum of five years in a manufacturing environment with at least three years in purchasing.
• Strong working knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as an aptitude for reading the market
• Demonstrated enactment of cost savings initiatives
• Exceptional talent in communication, negotiating and networking
• Proficient with Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Skill Set Required:
• Leadership abilities
• Understanding of the details of creating real value
• Good business sense/judgment
• Critical thinking and problem solving
• Action oriented
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Open and honest communication.
• Results oriented
Desired Skill Set:
• Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification
• APICS Candidate/Certification
• Working knowledge of blueprints
To apply for this job please visit www.championaerospace.com.