SUMMARY OF POSITION
Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction through processing orders, preparing general correspondence, and coordinating customer service needs with other functions as required. May serve as customer contact, regarding such matters as pricing, scheduling, shipping and troubleshooting mechanical difficulties.
1. Develops information regularly for the timely response to customer proposal and quotation request by coordinating with Engineering, Finance, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance.
2. Supports contract administrators in the department.
3. Provide telephone support to customers and troubleshoots issues that may arise.
4. Independently review for acceptance/rejection the customer’s contractual terms and conditions.
5. Review new order terms of purchase to insure correlation with those quoted and/or negotiated.
6. Maintain follow-up with manufacturing and other departments relative to delivery and communicate with customers as necessary. Submit and negotiate change actions with customers.
7. Provide customer service support and response on problem areas of delivery, packaging, product conditions, customer returns or other terms and conditions.
8. Conducts follow through on costing submittals, technical requirements and delivery information from other departments as required.
9. Prepare cost estimates in compliance with Champion pricing guidelines.
10. Maintain good customer relations through appropriate oral/written communication methods.
11. Provide technical information to customers; respond to requests from descriptive literature and data submittals.
12. Conduct special projects or other marketing analysis as assigned.
13. Work effectively with all other department personnel to ensure customer interests are continually represented and balanced with company’s requirements throughout the organization.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Three (2) to Five (3) years experience in aerospace/automotive component manufacturing environment desirable.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred in related field with good business acumen and product communication ability
Customer experience, via sales or product support functions
Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
Competent in operating within Epicor’s system, or equivalent.