SUMMARY OF POSITION
Responsible for directing all finance and accounting functions of the operation, including financial accounting and reporting, manufacturing cost accounting and inventory, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and financial forecasting. Accountable for demonstrating integrity and ethical behavior in the performance of all duties and creating a work environment where these values are expected from all employees.
• Ensure an adequate system to track and record manufacturing costs and assign them to specific products.
• Help determine employment levels needed to produce sales forecast to achieve targeted level of profitability.
• Provide information to manufacturing management for effective decision making.
• Make recommendations with respect to cost control.
• Provide financial perspective in determining the viability of capital projects.
• Monitor and ensure the integrity of transactions for the accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger systems for accurate record keeping.
• Provide an accurate and timely payroll system to ensure employees are compensated according to HR guidelines.
• Maintain an adequate system of accounting internal controls that meets internal and external audit requirements.
• Plan, organize, and direct the gathering, consolidation, and submission of financial data, including, but not limited to monthly financial statements, quarterly and year-end reporting packages, federal and state tax packages and various other corporate reporting requirements.
• Analyze backlog, sales and cost data to assist the management team in developing financial forecasts.
• Track the actual performance against the forecast throughout the month and quarter to keep the management team apprised of the status.
Financial Instruction and Oversight
• Provide direction, insight and instruction on specific financial issues to the senior staff and business unit managers to help them be more effective at maximizing the business.
• Provide support for the accounting function at the CEF operating unit, which is consolidated with Champion for reporting purposes as an additional business unit.
• Plan and direct the development of an annual operating budget that ensures targeted value creation in the areas of real pricing, productivity and new business generation.
• Plan and direct the development of an annual capital budget that includes only those projects that are viable and provide for legitimate savings that will generate an appropriate rate of return.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE NEEDED
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
• M.B.A. or Professional Certification is preferred.
• Skill in math, accuracy and precision, interest in business, organized, willingness to follow recommended procedures, honesty, patience, good written and oral communication skills, good people skills, team player.
• Experience with Epicor ERP software is a plus.
• Five to seven years of experience in manufacturing.
About TransDigm Group Inc. (TDG):
Champion Aerospace LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of TransDigm Group Inc. TransDigm is a highly decentralized aerospace business, which acquired more than 70 aerospace stand-alone companies over the last 25 years. TransDigm operates more than 50 independent portfolio companies. Each portfolio company stands alone with its own president, functional vice presidents and support functions. The company thinks and acts like a large private equity business focused on the aerospace industry. The exception is that we rarely sell businesses that meet our criteria.
TransDigm is focused on the design, development and supply of proprietary engineered aerospace components. TransDigm products are flying on every aircraft made in the free world. TransDigm sells products to the OEM’s and to the integrators that supply systems to the OEM’s. TransDigm also supports the airlines and other operators of aircraft through the supply of spare and repaired parts. TransDigm is one of the largest manufacturers of proprietary aerospace components in the world.