Website Champion Aerospace
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Responsible for all production operations; including ceramic production, machining, mechanical and electrical assembly, testing, shipping & logistics activities on all shifts for 230K square foot manufacturing facility. Also oversees manufacturing engineering staff that supports production activities, capital implementation and productivity initiatives.
1. Manage day to day production operations to maintain the overall plant schedule, in a safe working environment and within budgeted guidelines.
2. Maintain world class OTD and quality performance to our customer base.
3. Direct reports for each of the area support functions: i.e., Purchasing, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Facilities, Turbine Operations and Piston/Power Operations.
4. Administer all personnel policies within company guidelines and consistently with other departments.
5. Recommend and provide training to bring in new employees as well as develop existing employees as necessary.
6. Prepare operating and capital budgets in line with business needs and provide action plans to reduce overall costs.
a. Provide feedback to budgeted goals both to upper management and the rest of the organization.
b. Maintain communication and morale throughout the area.
c. Manage the capital plan with a focus on productivity projects to optimize the impact on such projects by getting them enacted as early as possible in the fiscal year.
7. Work closely with Product Engineering on release to production for new products.
8. Drive material productivity through the management of our supply chain; as well as management of our risk through LTA’s with our supply base. Optimize working capital through supplier VMI programs, extended payment terms and reduced lead times.
9. Manage workforce requirements, temporary labor, overtime and co-op programs to maximize the efficiency of the required labor.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Engineering required, Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Engineering preferred
• Three to Five years manufacturing experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Skill Set Required:
• Leadership abilities
• Understanding of the details of creating real value
• Good business sense/judgment
• Critical thinking and problem solving
• Action oriented
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Open and honest communication. No politicians need apply.
• Take ownership for their performance and for their team’s performance
• Results oriented
• Manage and prioritize multiple programs to maximize value creation
About TransDigm Group Inc. (TDG):
Champion Aerospace LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of TransDigm Group Inc. TransDigm is a highly decentralized aerospace business which acquired more than 55 aerospace stand-alone companies over the last 20 years. TransDigm operates more than 31 independent portfolio companies. Each portfolio company stands alone with its own president, functional directors and support functions. The company thinks and acts like a large private equity business focused on the aerospace industry. The exception is that we rarely sell businesses that meet our criteria.
TransDigm is focused on the design, development and supply of proprietary engineered aerospace components. TransDigm products are flying on every aircraft made in the free world. TransDigm sells products to the OEM’s and to the integrators that supply systems to the OEM’s. TransDigm also supports the airlines and other operators of aircraft through the supply of spare and repaired parts. TransDigm is one of the largest manufacturers of proprietary aerospace components in the world.
Major customers include: Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier, United Technologies, Honeywell, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, Textron, Raytheon, Northrop Grumman, Rockwell Collins, United Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines (all other commercial airlines), The United States Government, amongst others.
To apply for this job please visit www.championaerospace.com.