SUMMARY OF POSITION
Responsible for planing, scheduling, and coordinating the activities of various engineering groups responsible for the development and implementation of new process and product concepts for aviation ignition systems and airframe products.
1. Responsible for the research and development of various Igniter, Recip, Lead, Exciter and Power Supply product lines as assigned.
2. Responsible for ensuring that customer requirements are exceeded through relentless and superior customer support.
3. Supervises and coordinates the activities of the assigned Engineering group.
4. Conducts continuous search of new materials, designs, and engine requirements to enhance and improve the product lines.
5. Assists marketing in sales presentations and other marketing requirements as requested.
6. Develops, reviews and revises procedures, practices and standards to meet customer and FAA operation and quality requirements and to ensure manufacturability in the most cost efficient method. Checking the group’s work for technical accuracy.
7. Familiarity with capacitors, circuitry, and electrical properties and thermal, vibration, and emi testing properties.
8. Reviews and approves project development plans and procedures to meet customer requirements on time.
9. Provide excellent technical writing and communication skills necessary for internal/external engineering communications.
10. Reviews, evaluates and counsels the engineering staff to ensure the technically qualified and motivated personnel will meet customer and FAA design requirements.
11. Provides guidance for the development of technical baselines during designated points in the design, development, production, and life- cycle of the products.
12. Interfaces with Champion Aerospace management team to ensure total product integration is provided and performs supervisory responsibilities of engineering personnel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
B.S. in Engineering with Management related courses a plus.
Five to Seven years experience in Aerospace design and/or manufacturing.
Working knowledge Microsoft Project, and project management/scheduling experience.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.championaerospace.com.