Summary of Position:
This position has technical responsibility for all electrical design aspects and a limited amount of mechanical design aspects of Turbine Engine Ignition system product lines from a preliminary design phase through final design phase including production, customer and field support. Routine tasks include reviewing design requirements and evaluating existing or new designs theoretically and with test data for verification of compliance. Major tasks involve technical proposals, test plans, test reports, building prototypes, conducting tests and attending internal and external meetings to meet all objectives. Additional tasks involve maintaining design control integrity of the drawings. The successful candidate must be able to understand customer requirements, existing designs and technical aspects related to development of new designs that meet existing and future industry needs. These to be managed within time constraints established by management while simultaneously providing support for Production Department needs as a part of a cross functional team with Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Engineering, and Purchasing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Achieve program and productivity goals directed by Management.
• Review, understand and support OEM/Government customer program requirements for existing and new designs. Tasks include: Technical Proposals, Detail Design activities, Electrical Circuit Analyses, Reliability Analyses, Preliminary/Critical Design Reviews, Qualification Test Plan Development, and Returned Material Analysis.
• Provide on-site technical support for fielded production or prototype designs.
• Adapts existing designs to new customer requirements and applications.
• Works closely with customer representatives and works within customer and FAA standards and requirements.
• Follow existing guidelines, procedures and priorities of work for Product Engineering tasks. Priorities of work include: a) OEM Program Management, b) Productivity Projects, c) New Technology, d) Departmental Projects
• Provide excellent technical writing and communication skills necessary for internal/external engineering communications, conduct of design reviews and written circuit analysis reports/Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
• Develop and implement designs that meet the design intent with analytical or physical test substantiation that establishes compliance with all Customer/ Regulatory Specifications and internal requirements.
• Establish and maintain positive, professional working relationships with main technical point(s) of contact at key assigned OEM engine manufacturers.
• All other tasks, including project management support, as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
• Educational requirement for this position is a BSEE or MSEE. Functional Area background in Power Electronics/Systems is desirable.
• Minimum of three (3) years work experience in an Electrical Design environment is required.
• Experience with designing, analyzing and testing AC/DC (including 3 phase AC), DC/DC and High Voltage Circuits (2kV and above) is desired.
• Proven Circuit Analysis proficiency using SPICE software is a plus.
• 2D/3D CAD proficiency is desired.
• Familiarization with MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-460, MIL-STD-461 and RTCA DO-160 requirements is preferred.
• SolidWorks and SolidWorks Simulation (Desired)
• Electrical Simulation and Analysis Tools such as SPICE or SIMPLIS/SIMetrix
• MATLAB and LabView experience a plus