SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Quality Engineer plans and directs quality related activities in support of operations. The QE is responsible to identify gaging methods, frequencies and reactions plans of both internal and external quality functions and processes. Additional responsibilities include root cause analysis of internal and external escapes, process and productivity improvements, FAIR reviews of purchased product, issuing and reviewing corrective action requests of suppliers and corrective action submissions to customers.
The QE will be responsible for quality inputs and outputs from the development stage through the life of the product, included by not limited to purchased components, early service removals and customer support.
The QE will also serve as the voice of the customer in OEM applications and provide feedback to operations of field related quality issues.
1. Develop and provide product quality plans, submit FAIRs and PPAPs to OEM customers and provide guidance to receiving and final inspection activities.
2. Participate in product design review to assure manufacturability and effective control of product quality.
3. Prepare standards, instructions, plans, criteria, reports, and define appropriate gaging methodology and techniques.
4. Collect and analyze process data and product performance history to identify chronic defects and correct problems for trends leading to opportunities for improvement projects and cost reduction.
5. Develop and improve standards for judging workmanship, product performance and final acceptance to meet specified requirements.
6. Organize and lead Improvement Projects to refine process control, correct process problems, and provide effective measurement of process changes.
7. Develop and conduct training for quality functions, process control, gaging techniques, inspection methods, standards, problem solving, special process operator skills, and related topics to support organizational training goals.
8. Conduct audits to assure process control, adequacy of procedures, and effectiveness of the quality system to identify opportunities for improvement.
9. Monitors quality costs, reduce scrap, conduct customer audits for compliance to contractual requirements, and customer rating of product quality.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
B.S. in Engineering or Technology.
Three (3) to five (5) years Quality Engineering experience, Automotive or Aerospace industry experience a plus.
Must have experience in APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, GD&T, and formal problem solving methodology.
Good written and verbal communication skill.