Summary of Position:
Responsible for analyzing customer requirements, engineering specifications and monitoring operational processes. Identify and develop QMS software and serve as the technical expert in that field. Participates in developing and maintaining applicable policies, procedures and standard operating instructions. Our lean organization affords many opportunities to work across functional areas and support varied tasks. We are searching for a candidate that has a proven record of being forward thinking, possesses a strong QMS background, and carries high senses of ownership & urgency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure continued ISO 9001/AS9100 certification by reviewing policies and procedures for suitability and effectiveness and making revisions based on QMS goals and objectives.
- Oversee effective continued implementation of the Quality Management System and have the ability to work with cross-functional teams throughout the organization.
- Organize and lead Improvement Projects to refine process control, correct process problems, and provide effective measurement of process changes.
- Develop and conduct quality training for FOD prevention, environmental/human factors and various other quality and Repair Station related items.
- Manage and conduct internal quality process and product audits and assist in training of additional auditors.
- Verify compliance and adequacy of procedures, and effectiveness of the quality system to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Customer audits, Registrar audits, Repair Station audits and FAA/EASA audits.
- Review Customer Contracts/Purchase Orders for compliance.
- 4 year college degree.
- Minimum 3 years Quality Systems Engineering experience.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of AS9100, Government and FAA Standards, 14 CFR parts 21 and 145.
Skill Set Required:
- Leadership abilities
- Audit experience
- Good business sense/judgment
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Action oriented
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Open and honest communication
- Take ownership for their performance and for their team’s performance
- Results oriented
- Manage and prioritize multiple programs to maximize value creation