SUMMARY OF POSITION
The incumbent is primarily responsible for securing revenue by verifying and posting cash receipts from customers and resolving any discrepancies that cause delays in payments in a timely fashion. This requires close coordination with other departments and frequent customer communication. Other responsibilities include fixed asset reporting and other routine accounting tasks as needed.
- Monitor customer account details for delinquent payments and other irregularities.
- Research and resolve any irregularities by the most efficient means before aged 60 days.
- Maintain up to date customer balances by posting payments from bank detail daily.
- Coordinate credit hold releases between Accounting and Marketing Departments and conducts A/R collection calls.
- Maintain and reconcile fixed asset system.
- Prepare standard month end journal entries and reconciliations.
- Provide support and analysis for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and audits.
- Plan and coordinate the completion of special projects as requested by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel. Advanced/Expert skill level preferred.
- Associates Degree in Business Administration or Accounting required
- Two years of accounts receivable experience in a manufacturing environment (public company experience preferred).
- Experience with Epicor (or Vantage) Financial a plus, including Posting Engine, Lockbox Processing, Electronic Processing and Returns.
- Good understanding of basic accounting principles, including accounts receivable
- Strict attention to detail
- Organization abilities
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze information and determine required course of action to resolve issues