SUMMARY OF POSITION
Responsible for maintaining the company cost system and performing other basic professional accounting activities in a corporate or plant finance organization. Accounting activities performed may include posting, summarizing, reconciling, auditing, ledger maintenance, statement and report preparation, and/or special projects/studies. Works closely with the Materials team to understand cost drivers. Must demonstrate integrity and ethical behavior in the performance of all duties.
- Standard Cost System
- Structure and maintain the standard cost accounting system, assuring that data is compiled in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and TransDigm, Inc. Policies and Procedures.
- Coordinate and direct the development of standard manufacturing costs, assuring that Manufacturing Engineering and Documentation have developed routers and/or bills of materials for all new or revised manufacturing products.
- Maintain labor-reporting system and assure that transactions are properly recorded and employees are instructed on the proper use of the system.
- Direct and participate in the reconciliation of perpetual inventory records to the general ledger.
- Assure that cost systems contain proper internal controls.
- Inventory Accounting and Control
- Assure that inventory is valued in accordance with Corporate Policy.
- Review cycle count progress each month and assist in the creation of the cycle count plan each year.
- Standard Cost System
- Manufacturing Cost Analysis
- Plan and coordinate the development of operating budgets for all manufacturing departments. Provide plant management with accounting support as required.
- Direct and review the preparation of monthly budget analysis of manufacturing departments.
- Direct and review preparation of daily, weekly, and monthly management reports such as scrap, labor utilization, manufacturing variances, etc.
- Ensure that appropriate procedures are complied with in preparation of financial reports for government contracts.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for cost reductions in the manufacturing processes.
- Provide cost accounting support for pricing decisions on new and existing products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Three to five years experience in private industry.
- Skills in math, accuracy and precision, interest in business, organized, willingness to follow recommended procedures, honesty, patience, good written and oral communication skills, good people skills, team player, knowledge of EDP-oriented account systems.
The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.