SUMMARY OF POSITION
In this role, you will be responsible for the efficient operation and maintenance of our Epicor ERP system while also contributing to the development and enhancement of custom reports and functionalities. The ideal candidate will be able to balance 80% system administration tasks with 20% reports/development work to ensure the smooth operation and optimization of our Epicor environment.
- Epicor System Administration (80%):
- Maintain and monitor the health and performance of the Epicor ERP system.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system issues and user queries promptly.
- Perform regular system backups and ensure data integrity and security.
- Manage user access, permissions, and roles within the system.
- Implement and oversee system upgrades and patches.
- Collaborate with end-users and departments to gather system requirements and make necessary configurations.
- Conduct training sessions to educate end-users on system functionality.
- Report Creation (10%):
- Develop custom reports and dashboards using Epicor reporting tools.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather reporting requirements.
- Optimize existing reports for efficiency and accuracy.
- Ensure that reports provide actionable insights for decision-makers.
- Maintain a library of standard reports for various departments.
- Development (10%):
- Assist in the development of custom functionalities within the Epicor system using programming languages like C# or VB.NET.
- Participate in system customization and scripting to meet specific business needs.
- Collaborate with the development team to integrate Epicor with other business applications.
- Ensure that all end-users have an exceptionally positive experience.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Performs basic problem-solving and assistance on various software applications.
- Provide individual instruction and/or training to users on new or updated technologies.
- Performs routine technical assistance and maintenance duties.
- Maintains, updates, and documents projects and user instructions.
- Maintains knowledge with respect to technology, equipment, cybersecurity, standards and/or systems.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience with Epicor ERP system, Epicor reporting tools, SSRS. Kinetic preferred.
- 2+ years of development experience. C# preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Ability to perform routine preventive maintenance on systems software, applications, hardware, networking, and communications.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends.
- Ability to provide direction to end-users to resolve technological issues.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to determine issues and solve them to completion.
- Ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to users.
- Work will be performed on-site.
- Nights, weekends, and holidays are required at times.
- Successful candidates may be subject to a background check prior to starting work.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Physical effort is required.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.