SUMMARY OF POSITION
Responsibilities of the position involve performing general accounting and accounts payable procedures, cost accounting and financial reporting. A successful candidate will possess a strong accounting background and demonstrate good communication and problem solving skills.
- Upload payroll into ADP and prepare corresponding journal entries.
- Assure that financial transactions are recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and corporate policies and procedures.
- Assist with the organization, planning, and preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Create journal entries for various prepaid and other accounts.
- Perform General Ledger reconciliations.
- Provide payroll information necessary for the timely filing of state and federal tax return.
- Plan and coordinate the completion of special projects as requested by management.
- Identify opportunities to improve internal controls and provide recommendations to management.
- Provide data to internal and external auditors.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Coordinate payroll tax and accounting requirements with other functional areas including IT and Human Resources.
- Support AP function by keying in daily invoices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration.
- 1-2 years experience in an Accounting function.
- Must possess a strong attention to detail, organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills and be results oriented.
The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.