As part of the Champion Aerospace technical team, you will provide technical support via telephone, chat, email, face to face, and ticketing system. Strong communication and problem-solving skills are key to the success of this position. Under direct supervision, you’ll perform installs, maintenance, testing, and repairs for systems and networks. You’ll be the first line of support for Champion Aerospace’s end-users and to that end, you must present a positive attitude toward solving their challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that all end-users have an exceptionally positive experience.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area.
• Performs basic problem solving and assistance on various software applications and hardware systems for end-users.
• Provide individual instruction and/or training to users on new or updated technologies.
• Performs routine technical assistance and maintenance duties.
• Maintains, updates, and documents projects and user instructions.
• Assists with tracking inventory levels of equipment and materials.
• Performs routine technological systems support, maintenance, and testing for proper upkeep of systems; troubleshoots and resolves general system hardware, software, and network failures and conflicts.
• Assists with the review, evaluation and recommendation of solutions relating to hardware and software acquisitions and/or network updates.
• Assists with research and development initiatives and in the implementation of new technologies.
• Assists with the implementation of technology projects with moderate scope and impact.
• Assists with the installation, configuration and maintenance of computers, workstations and/or other related equipment and devices.
• Maintains knowledge with respect to technology, equipment, cybersecurity, standards and/or systems.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
• One or more related industry certifications (A+, Network+, etc.) (preferred).
• 1+ years of experience in a technical support role (preferred).
• Epicor experience (preferred).
• Development experience (preferred).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Strong communication and documentation skills
• Knowledge of a wide range of computer systems software, applications, hardware, networking, and communications.
• Ability to perform routine preventive maintenance on systems software, applications, hardware, networking, and communications.
• Knowledge of current technological developments/trends.
• Ability to provide direction to end-users to resolve technological issues.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with end-users
• Ability to determine computer problems and to coordinate hardware, software, and/or network solutions.
• Ability to analyze and resolve basic computer problems.
• Ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to users on the use of PC and/or various systems.
• Work will be performed on-site.
• Nights, weekends, and holidays are required at times.
• Successful candidates may be subject to a background check prior to starting work.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• Physical effort is required.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds and/or standing and/or walking an average of four (4) hours per day.