SUMMARY OF POSITION
Responsible for creating design specifications for a variety of complex components. Analyzes design problems using engineering and mathematical principles. Makes design changes and prepares preliminary sketches for guidance of Designers. Routine tasks include reviewing design requirements and evaluating existing or new designs theoretically and with test data for verification of compliance. Major tasks involve technical proposals, test plans, test reports, overseeing prototype builds, conducting tests and attending internal and external meetings to meet all objectives. Additional tasks involve maintaining design control integrity of the drawings. The successful candidate must be able to understand customer requirements, existing designs and technical aspects related to development of new designs that meet existing and future industry needs within time constraints established by management while simultaneously providing support for Production Department needs as a part of a cross functional team with Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Engineering, and Purchasing. Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Achieve program and productivity goals directed by Management.
- Review, understand and support customer program requirements for existing and new designs. Tasks include: Technical Proposals, Detail Design activities, Reliability Analyses, Preliminary/Critical Design Reviews, Qualification Test Plan Development, and Returned Material Analysis.
- Develop and implement designs that meet the design intent with analytical or physical test substantiation that establishes compliance with all Customer/ Regulatory Specifications and internal requirements.
- Adapts existing designs to new customer requirements and applications.
- Works closely with customer representatives and works within customer and FAA standards and requirements.
- Provide on-site technical support for fielded production or prototype designs.
- Follow existing guidelines, procedures and priorities of work for Product Engineering tasks. Priorities of work include: a) OEM Program Management, b) Productivity Projects, c) New Technology, d) Departmental Projects
- Establishes test requirements not previously specified by the customer or governmental requirements and develops and directs the testing of new product prototypes to verify product reliability and conformance to specifications.
- Assists the Manufacturing Engineering department in regard to product redesign to resolve product or production difficulties.
Educational requirement for this position is a BSME or MSME.
One (1) to three (3) years of experience in product engineering field is required. General knowledge of turbine engine and reciprocating/internal-combustion engines is desired. Experience within the General Aviation industry also desired. Proficiency in technical writing and communication is strongly desired.
REQUISITE ANALYTICAL TOOL REQUIREMENTS
SolidWorks and SolidWorks Simulation (Desired)
FEA tools (Desired)