SUMMARY OF POSITION
This position is responsible for coordinating the production schedule for assigned departments to satisfy customer demand. Analyzes customer demand trends, forecasts, and reports the impact to the production schedule; revises/adjusts production plans accordingly. Releases work orders for components and assemblies as identified through MRP. Defers and expedites orders to respond to MRP schedule changes. Works closely with Production Supervisors to prioritize flow of work orders.
- Translate projected forecasts, and customer orders, into a production plan with a time-phased build schedule. Schedules demand based on the product mix and provides accurate commitment dates to customer service team across multiple product lines.
- Manages production load leveling, bottleneck scheduling, and utilizes theory of constraints (TOC) for more accurate scheduling.
- Identifies current planned level of demand and creates tactical production plans to meet the identified customer demand. Considers production lead times and communicates with Production Supervisors to ensure proper work-flow and priorities. Releases work orders to assigned departments daily.
- Conducts weekly scheduling meeting with stakeholders. Review component shortages. Follow up with appropriate team member(s) to expedite components to ensure MTO delivery commitments are attained.
- Monitor actual output versus the Master Production Plan. Identify gaps and drive solutions, including key metrics on production performance to the agreed upon production schedule.
- Support the S&OP planning process, inventory strategy, supply plan, and productivity goals.
- Provide support and assistance to Production Supervisors by maintaining and providing updated materials needs list. Attends and support daily Production Board Meetings. Assists other Production Schedulers as needed.
- Maintain and research Work Order documentation as needed
- Other duties as assigned by direct Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college/university in Supply Chain/Operations/Manufacturing Engineering/Industrial Engineering or other related fields
- CPIM certified or candidate preferred
- Sound knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures including manufacturing planning, demand, and replenishment processes
- Demonstrated ability to influence teams regarding productivity and/or customer service. A Change Agent – skilled at enabling change, strong influencing abilities particularly with frontline teams as well as a Team player able to work well across business operations and develop strong relationships.
- Strategic thinker, strong analytical skills, able to synthesize considerable and complex data.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects with limited direction. Solid, proven organizational, project management and leadership skills. Clearly has growth potential beyond the role.
- Exceptional interpersonal/written communication skills; can effectively interact with all levels of management.
- Strong PC Skills. Be capable of utilizing spreadsheet and ERP-type software in managing the planning process.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.