SUMMARY OF POSITION
Responsible for the materials management function relating to the planning, procurement, storage, control, and distribution of materials and products to meet company objectives and customer requirements. This involves directing and administering purchasing control, inventory control, shipping and receiving, and materials departments. This position reports to the Supply Chain Manager and supervises the buyers, planners, and warehouse personnel.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls activities related to the procurement, planning, and material handling functions of the organization including but not limited to activities such as:
- Work Instruction and/or Process design, development, and implementation
- Quote/PO/Contract issuance, review, negotiation, authorization and release
- Develops/maintains systems to evaluate vendor quotations which utilize appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure competitive quality/service level, price, delivery, and adherence to contractual requirements.
- Designs, implements, manages, and monitors procurement/planning/warehouse reporting systems to meet company requirements.
- Executes material requisitions to support demands, reorder point, safety stock and manually derived requirements and provides support to production for all material flow issues to meet production schedules and customer delivery requirements
- Monitors supplier performance, identifies improvement opportunities and escalates as necessary. Responsible for the criteria and process of sub-tier selection and approval.
- Identify and develop new sources of supply when existing sources are inadequate.
- Responsible for Warehouse and Shipping/Receiving activities i.e. Receiving, storing, inventorying, issuing, shipping materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and parts in stockroom, and warehouse
- Ensure compliance of the supply chain with all Export Control, FAR/DFARS regulations, and Champion Aerospace/Customer requirements.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in purchasing, planning and distributing materials, equipment, and supplies in an organization by performing the duties personally or through subordinates.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-10 years of experience in Materials Management. Previous experience in an Aerospace manufacturing environment preferred.
- Expertise in planning, purchasing, logistic and supplier management principles and best practices.
- Skilled negotiator and innovative problem solver, proficient at reducing costs and fulfillment cycle times.
- System experience: PO management and inventory management.
- Strong PC skills: Solid understanding of spreadsheet applications.
- Verbal and written communication skills, including presenting and facilitating team meetings.
- Team player with high levels of professionalism, integrity, and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work cross-functionally/geographically at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to positively motivate individuals and teams to meet or exceed project expectations.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- APICS, CPM, ISM certifications desirable.
- Other Skills and Abilities
- Employee’s primary duties require him/her to use discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to change direction and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks on a regular basis.
- Fully embrace Champion Aerospace’s quality system to identify opportunities and drive continuous improvement.
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the efficiency of the company.
- Knowledge of FAR/DFARS regulations relating to government contracting and small business subcontracting requirements.
- Knowledge of ITAR/EAR regulations relating to the aerospace industry and defense contracting.
- Experience with MRP/ERP Systems (AS400/SAP/EPICOR)
- Experience in a highly regulated industry (ISO9001 / AS9100)
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.