Website Champion Aerospace
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The senior buyer is responsible for all facets of procuring assigned materials, while performing at a higher level than buyers. The senior buyer interacts with functions across the company in order to service internal customers. This position will also participate in projects and special assignments as required.
1. Responsible for all facets of procuring assigned materials, including negotiation, issuing purchase orders, expediting/deferring as required, handling quality problems, returning nonconforming material, and supporting the production schedule.
2. The senior buyer is intimately familiar with the capabilities of the supply chain. The senior buyer is able to recognize necessary processes when reviewing drawings, and able to match them with the appropriate supplier(s).
3. The senior buyer is responsible for identifying and developing new suppliers domestically and offshore.
4. Attending responsible area board meetings and fostering communications with the production floor.
5. Interacting with engineering and quality to meet company objectives. Able to estimate costs and lead times for development projects with accuracy. Capable of providing guidance on appropriate use of materials/processes.
6. Traveling to suppliers as necessary. Capable of recognizing signs of stress at suppliers and reacting quickly as required.
7. Accountable for part availability, quality, and price. Able to develop projects to consistently drive improvements in lead time and cost.
8. Participates in special projects and assignments as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum fifteen (15) years of experience in manufacturing.
Minimum ten (10) years of experience in purchasing/logistics.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required.
APICS/CPM certification is required.
To apply for this job please visit www.championaerospace.com.