SUMMARY OF POSITION
Responsibilities of the position involve performing general and cost accounting as well as financial reporting. A successful candidate will possess strong accounting knowledge and demonstrate good communication and problem solving skills. Other responsibilities include fixed asset reporting and other routine accounting tasks as needed.
- Prepare standard monthly journal entries.
- Act as intercompany accounting contact and prepare all related advice, journal entries, and reconciliations.
- Analyze and reconcile accrual and prepaid accounts monthly, making adjustments as needed.
- Provide various reports for plant wide distribution regarding effectiveness, scrap and overtime.
- Provide support and analysis for monthly, quarterly and year end reporting and audits.
- Maintain and reconcile fixed asset system.
- Prepare and submit monthly sales and use tax.
- Plan and coordinate the completion of special projects as requested by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required plus two years of accounting experience (preferred). Experience with Epicor a plus.
- Good understanding of basic accounting principles
- Strict attention to detail
- Organization abilities
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze information and determine required course of action to resolve issues
- Strong Excel knowledge and/or the ability to learn quickly