Champion Aerospace is a leading supplier to the OEM turbine engine market for airline, business aviation, general aviation, space and military aircraft applications. Champion Aerospace has produced igniter designs for global customers, including land and marine power plants; oil, gas, and coal furnaces; oil rig operations; and pumping stations. Champion can provide Industry certification compliant hardware for hazardous environment requirements (i.e. CSA, CE, ATEX etc…) Plus, it builds more gas turbine igniter models than all other manufacturers combined.
Champion-engineered safety retention features and long-life capable designs are the best in the business. Champion developments to extend life in the turbine igniter design include optimized use of precious metals, super alloys, coatings, air-cooled tip designs, fuel drain slots (which keep the igniter from quenching) and high temperature sealing features to survive today’s extreme combustor conditions. Champion also uses engobe semi-conductive/solid body semiconductor materials for more reliable response to difficult starting conditions.
Champion’s unmatched internal Ceramic Manufacturing capability permits design and manufacture of industry leading Alumina Oxide insulators and Silicon Carbide semiconductors which sets it apart from the competition in product performance, quality and response time.
- Silver-plated shell for protection against corrosion and seizing at mechanical interfaces.
- Advanced glass and mechanical sealing features design outside the combustor case for protection against gas leakage under high temperature conditions.
- Internal configuration designs that optimize heat flow away from terminations to protection sensitive ignition lead components
- Internal termination protective coating to prevent lead component seizing
- Firing end design configurations that can deliver igniter life up to 5,000 flight cycles in select applications
- Use of external wear and thermal barrier coatings to protect the life limiting features from wear and thermal distress
- Option for three different semiconductor bodies for low voltage application requirements
Click here to view Champion Aerospace Product Catalog
Name Phone # Products Aviall 800-AVIALL-1 Plugs & Filters, Slick Products, General Aviation, Commercial Airline Airparts Company 800-392-4999 Plugs & Filters, Slick Products, General Aviation Eastern Aero Supply 856-327-8949 Plugs & Filters, Slick Products, General Avation Falcon Crest Aviation 713-644-2290 Plugs & Filters, Slick Products, General Aviation Omaha Airplane Supply (NE) 800-228-9400 Plugs & Filters, Slick Products, General Aviation Omaha Airplane Supply (CA) 800-266-7508 Plugs & Filters, Slick Products, General Avation Aero Performance 717-233-5733 Plugs & Filters, Slick Products, General Aviation Textron Aviation Aftermarket Parts and Distribution 800-835-4000 Plugs & Filters, Slick Products, General Aviation Name Phone # Products Aviall +1 972-586-1985 Plugs & Filters, Slick Products, General Aviation, Commercial Airline Airpart Supply Ltd UK +44 (0)1494 450366 Plugs & Filters, Slick Products Satair (45) 32.470100 Plugs & Filters, General Aviation, Commercial Airline, Power TRU DC Buss UPS Adams Aviation Supply Co. Ltd. (44) 1689.842999 Plugs & Filters, Slick Products, General Aviation National Airways Corps. (27) 11267.5000 Plugs & Filters, General Aviation Southern Cross Aviation +1 954-377-0320 Plugs & Filters, Slick Products, General Aviation